Emergency Management Membership is as diverse as Emergency Management and includes any individual or organization, significantly engaged in or directly supports Emergency Management, Homeland Security, Business Continuity Planning/Continuity of Operations Planning, Civil Defense, or Disaster and Emergency Preparedness.
"10 Great Reasons to Be a Member"
1. Connection. You are connected to a larger group banded together to produce positive results for Emergency Management in Texas.
2. Annual Symposium. The Annual Symposium provides quality education and networking for Emergency Management professionals, and you receive a significant discount by being a member. You can contribute to the content, help plan the Annual Symposium and attend to enhance your professional development.
3. Public Policy / Advocacy. You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that public health voices are being heard. The Legislative Committee prepares legislative updates/alerts, and keeps track of public health issues under consideration by the State Legislature. Efforts are made to advocate for priority Emergency Management issues. Participate in activities that impact you, your profession and your community.
4. Certification. EMAT offers the TEM certification for a member that meets a specific level of professional competency. Emergency Managers seek professional certification for multiple reasons – As an indicator of professional experience and competency; Professional recognition acquired through a rigorous certification process; Commitment to continuing education; and career advancement opportunities.
5. Networking. You have many opportunities to network with Emergency Management professionalism our state, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking events begin with the Annual Symposium and continue with the State EMS Conference. When we collect colleagues across professions within Emergency Management, the resulting synergy could not be achieved alone.
6. Affiliation. You will have affiliation with YOUR professional association and over 300 Emergency Management professional in our state. add your voice to the voices of others in building a powerful EMAT and Texas.
7. Informational Services. Develop your situational awareness and common operating picture, be better informed.
8. Leadership Opportunities. You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self- promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects. Get involved, expand your skills and your horizons.
9. Recognition. You can be recognized or can recognize your colleagues for their achievement in Emergency Management. Some of our heroes work right next to us every day!
10. Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life. Like life, Emergency Management is a team sport.