On September 12, 2019, the Governor has released his Texas Safety Action Report, that elaborates on the eight Executive Orders released on September 5, 2019, that were intended to bolster the public safety coordination that can prevent mass shootings. The Report also outlines additional items for the Texas Legislature and state agencies to consider that can make communities safer.
The Report is divided into five sections:
1. Immediate Action: describes the actions taken by the Governor’s Office Public Safety Office and the Texas Legislature since 2015.
2. September 5th Executive Orders: details the Orders issued on that date.
3. Additional Executive Actions: describes other concrete steps that state agencies, in coordination with the Governor’s Office, may take in the immediate future to implement policies to better protect Texans.
4. Firearm Safety: describes possible policy and legislative reforms related to improving safety in Texas.
5. Additional Strategies: describes approaches to address underlying causes of recent acts of violence.
Click here for the full report.